Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wintergirls

I just finished reading a book called "Winter Girls" by Laurie Halse Anderson. I really enjoyed reading this book because it talked about social issues but one imparticular caught my attention , and it was mainly one the book was focused on . Eating disorders. i remember how in the begginging of the book, the character Lia, is trying to control her weight and what she eats. At first I thought that this was really scary, I mean why is she keeping track of things that she eats? And then obviously I read the blurb and found out that she has a problem with her weight.
After finishing this book, i realized how serious these social issuses were. How after barely eating for a long time can cause you to go the hospital. I now noticed that life isnt all fun and games when there are people out in the world surffering with issuses like these.

2 comments:

  1. eating disorders are a really important issue. i want to hear more of your thoughts, francelee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you expressed the social issue of eating disorders and made people realize that its a serious thing.

    ReplyDelete